- New Arrivals
- Gift Certificates
- 1/32 Slot Cars
- 1/32 Slot Car Parts (by Brand)
- 1/32 Slot Car Parts (by Type)
- 1/24 Slot Car Parts (by Brand)
- Apparel & Banners
- C.B. Design Wheels
- Controller Adapters
- Controller Holders
- Customer Projects
- Drivers Stations
- HRW Sponsorship
- INOX MX3
- Model Kits
- Parma Parts & Cars
- Paul Gage Tires
- Piranha Motors
- Quick Slicks
- Race Management
- Scratch Building
- Track Braiding
- Track Wiring
- Shipping Services
Michigan 24 Hour Endurance Race (2014)
Team Slot Car Corner Wins 4th Annual Michigan 24 Hour Endurance Race!!
On March 30-31, the Slot Car Corner Racing Team was in Fenton, Michigan for the 4th Annual Michigan 24 race, trying to write its name on the trophy for the fourth time. Hosted by our good friends at Clover Leaf Racing, the 2014 race was once again the scene of a new world record for distance traveled by a 1:32 plastic chassis slot car without the benefit of ANY magnetic attraction (motors, chassis magnet, track braid, track surface, etc.) or traction enhancing compounds (tires and/or track). Our car was able to cover 271.71 miles (437.28 km) in a 24-hour race, 2.25 miles more than the previous record (also held by our team).
Members of the Team Slot Car Corner were (back row, L-R) Georges Hamel (QC), Steve Sawtelle (CT), Dickie Pearson (NH), (front row, L-R) Mike Chiocchio (CT), and Christian Gingras (QC). Each team member specialized in driving a specific lane on the challenging high-speed 5-lane track. The race was divided in 30 heats of 48 minutes each, with a series of heats in the dark, to simulate night racing.
Other teams were Team Clover Leaf Racing, Detroit Dum Dums, Cincinnati Slot Rods, Hazzard Boys and Team Can-Am and everyone had a lot of fun, even if a 24-hour race is always a gruelling event for everyone involved. The record was broken with approximately 20 minutes to go, with a car that was almost as fast as it was at the beginning of the race.
Team Slot Car Corner's car was based loosely on an NSR Mosler that featured the following race-proven Slot Car Corner™ aftermarket parts (click links for more information or to order):
- C.B. Design™ 5-Spoke Racing Wheels (front and back) – High performance lightweight versions of our popular 5-spoke design which are still strong enough to withstand the rigors of endurance racing.
- Slot Car Corner™ (SCC) Lighting Kit – A specially designed lighting kit featuring extra bright LED’s improve the driver’s ability to race the car during the race’s night time segments. Five of the six teams in this years event used the SCC Lighting Kit.
- SCC Adjustable Front Axle Mounts – Allow the front axle/wheel height to be adjusted very precisely
- SCC Axle Spacers – Allow precise adjustment of spur gear and wheels/tires.
- SCC Racing Bushings - Counterbored to reduce friction. Bushing were precisely aligned using an SCC Bushing Alignment Kit.
- SCC Motor Pod Kit – Ensures the screws securing the motor pod to the chassis do not loosen or fall out over the course of the 24 hour event.
- SCC Racing Braid - Flexible copper braid allows precise adjustment yet is durable enough to last the entire 24 hour event without replacement.
- SCC Hi-Flex Motor Lead Wire – High strand copper wire with a thin, flexible silicone jacket ensures no interference with the front of the car body near the guide flag
- SCC IC2000 Tire Adhesive – Provides a strong yet flexible bond and ensures there is no tire distortion even at very high speeds
- SCC Super Lube Oil and Grease – Provides superior lubrication under the most demanding race conditions
Slot Car Corner™ uses events like the Michigan 24 to develop, test and improve our own line of innovative high-quality 1/32 slot car parts which excel in the most demanding race conditions. Try our products and see the difference for yourself!!
In addition to our own Slot Car Corner™ parts, the race winning car also featured the following parts:
Use the links below to learn more about the Michigan 24 event.